Hair loss can be a result of many factors: genetics, medical conditions, medication, childbirth and stress, to name a few. And if not treated, it can cause a lifetime of embarrassment and decreased self-confidence, particularly in social situations. For many patients, the thought of undergoing a hair restoration procedure seems enticing, but they often can be overwhelmingly ridden with anxiety at the thought of having surgery.
Fortunately, there is one minimally invasive hair restoration technique that stands out above all others and may appeal particularly to patients who hesitate to undergo a surgical procedure.
Follicular unit extraction, FUE, when performed with the NeoGraft automated hair transplant system, is not only the newest hair restoration method available today, but it also is the most effective type of minimally invasive surgery available for hair loss sufferers.
What does this mean for patients? Lower costs, faster recovery and minimal discomfort when compared to other methods of hair restoration, just to name a few. Other benefits of minimally invasive hair restoration include:
• A decreased amount of activity restrictions following treatment
• A return to work in about one day
• FUE performed with NeoGraft transplants twice as many hair grafts compared to manual FUE
• No unsightly linear scar, even when hair is worn short
• No numbness feeling in areas of donor hair grafts
• No stitches or staples required
• FUE with NeoGraft also can transplant other body hair, eyebrows and scar revisions from previous transplants
• Lower risk of complications
In addition, minimally invasive hair restoration procedures, such as FUE with the NeoGraft automated device, offers more natural looking results than traditional strip methods.
Just as important as the benefits of minimally invasive hair restoration surgery, it also is important for the patient to find the right surgeon. To obtain the most pleasant and effective results, patients should consider the expertise of the physician performing the minimally invasive surgery and their artistic abilities at designing a pleasing hairline. It is critical that the surgeon has extensive knowledge and expertise in both areas to achieve optimal results.